Saturday, November 24, 2007

Super Saturday

I had already given up hope, but yesterday evening it happened: we finally got the key to our house! So early this morning, after a couple of hours of sleep (I'm on the late shift till midnight this week) I got up and went to our house. It sure is a funny feeling to put the key into the lock of your very own house. My parents and a friend, as well as my in-laws, our best friend, and the 3 of us started to work on the house today. We finished up the garden in the front of the house, took down the tiles and removed the wallpaper in the kitchen, and took apart our bathroom. They actually threw the bathtub out of the 2nd story window instead of carrying it down the stairs (that sucker was heaaavvvvvy). I wish I had shot a photo of that. It sure would have been cool to scrap :-) We still have a lot to do: the entire electrical system has to be redone and upgraded (can you believe that there were only 2 (!!!) outlets in the kitchen), all water pipes have to be redone, it needs a new condensing boiler for gas heating, all wood floors have to be sanded and need a new finish, all walls need the old wallpaper removed and have to be plastered and painted, a couple of windows have to be replaced, and I want to make some built-in cabinets for the droop in Damien's room. Wow, I just realized that I have my work cut out for me. To document all these happens I am creating a new house/decorating blog. I'll let you know about it as soon as it's up and running.
Here are the freebies I found today:

http://idzibitsy.blogspot.com/
http://jilljackscraps.blogspot.com/
http://rackettyscrappety.blogspot.com/
http://moriginals.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalfreebies.com/freebies.php
http://gonsscrap.blogspot.com/


http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/wordpress/?p=1352
http://digiscrap-monika69.blogspot.com/
http://fryskesdigiscraps.blogspot.com/
http://heraldsplace.blogspot.com/
http://misschifis.blogspot.com/
http://redjuscrap.blogspot.com/

26 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Congratulations on your house! You sure will be busy in the next months, but it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the keys to the house and making it official! Have fun with all the improvements you'll be making, take lots of photos...think before and after! :)

Aussiegirl

Joy said...

wooohooo your house.. that is so awesome... that is so cool. You really do need to post pictures of your updating it.

Thank you for the links.

Unknown said...

wow -all that work and you still found time to search and share the freebies. Thanks

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Yeah!! So glad you finally got the keys, I was not going to ask since I hadn't heard anymore news. So I am sooo happy for you. Our 1st place was a major fixer upper but it was OURS so we were just happy. Oh my the wonderful memories you will create there as a family!!

JenBreeze said...

Congratulations! It's going to be a lot of sweat and tears, but think of how proud you will be when it's all done! What a blessed thing for you and your family. Take all the pictures you can!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your house! That is so exciting! Good luck with all the projects. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Thanks for all the work you do for all of us!

Annie said...

Congrats on your house! Can't wait to see the pics!

Robin L said...

Congratulations on your house!

Pink Granite said...

Congratulations and good luck!!!!!
;o)
- Lee

Patamomma said...

Congrats on your house. All that work will be worth it in the end. Patty

HeatherB said...

Congrats on your new home! It is always so excited to start on a new adventure, but one this big, woohoo! Enjoy every moment!

Unknown said...

Cangratulation on your new home, your description sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of fun too, I'm curious about the pictures.

Thank you for publishing this amazing freebie list!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see photos! Enjoy!

Inma said...

It's fantastic that you finally got the keys to your home and you can start working and decorating it. :) I guess the fun has finally started for you with this project and I hope as the rest, to see your new blog and how things take place. I'm sure many people can find it very useful and american people could find it interesting to see decoration in Europe. :)

Thanks so much for the list and again congratulations. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Paola*Péia said...

thanks for keeping us updated on all the great freebies there are out there!!!!!
I'm a regular here on your blog, you hunt the best freebies there are on line!!!!!

Today I saw these pretty Xmas tree decoratins..... http://scrapsdaelker.blogspot.com/ maybe you like them too!!!!

Rose said...

Congratulations on your new home. We're new homeowners as well, so we know the feeling. . it's surreal!

Mammacole1979 said...

Thank you so much for still posting this freebie list with all you have going on. Congratulations on the new house, and best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I live in the United States and we hope you enjoy your new home! It is a house now, but a home when you move in! Guess you will be a while before you move in? Thanks for all the freebie sites.

Muka said...

wow, congratulations!! sure does sound as though you have your work cut out for you :) good luck on all that renovating, lol!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your house! A lot of work, but it'll be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you like to do improvements as much as I do! You will make that house such a beautiful home in no time. Congratulations, best wishes and all that good stuff. Can't wait to see your blog. Janet

Kimberly Lynne Rohn Wresh said...

Holy Cow I hope you and Christian are handy with the tools!

Turning that key to your very own house is a big deal. There is nothing so satisfying as putting down roots and making that little nest all your own.

I wish I was closer - I would love to come and help out. I am not so good with tools but man I can organize the heck out of a kitchen!

Congratulations Angie - I am happiest for Damian. Every child deserves to have that place to make memories and call home! :) Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your house!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting the keys to your new house. Although a lot of work is needing done, I'm sure it will give to a lifetime of happy memories & scrapping fun.
Thanks also for the ad, much appreciated sweetie <3

Kim B said...

Congrats girl!!! Would loved to have seen the 'tub' flying out the window-LOL.
We still fixing after a YEAR!! But it's more or less done now- IT'S FUN and HARD WORK- hahahaha
Here's wishing you lots of happiness and love in your new home!
Hugs
Kim