Saturday, July 11, 2009

Epiphany

It’s 5:35 am and I haven’t been to bed yet. Damien is at my parents for the weekend and I’m off work today for the first time in 12 days. Being on the late shift for the best part of the last two weeks, my internal clock is still tuned to night shift mode. However I have passed the moment where I should have gone to bed and am now wound up. Oh well, at least I don’t have to feel bad about it, ‘cause I don’t plan on getting out of bed till the evening. Ah, life is beautiful :-) Have I mentioned that Chris is off too? Right now he is downstairs sleeping (and sobering up a bit too as he went out with some guys from work last night). I hope he is nice ‘n rested soon, ‘cause this goddess is going to be worshipped today O:-)
Which brings me to the next thing I wanted to share – I just had an idea for a novel. I have already been sketching some character mind maps for a couple weeks now, wanting to try to write something, and this evening the pieces just fell into place. Now I have a nice story outline in my sketch book and plan to start writing a chapter whenever I have some free time and feel like it. I used to write a bit when I was in school and enjoyed it. These last couple of weeks I spent parts of the evening reading Twilight fan fiction and some of those stories are really good. Guess it encouraged me to give it a try again too. As soon I have some material ready, I’ll post it on a separate blog and let you know, in case you’re interested.
Life is great. Have a fun weekend and choose happy.
Cheers, IkeaGoddess

8 comments:

Lukasin said...

What a great idea! Hard part is to stick with it, but if you like writing, just do so.... Can't wait...

Good Luck + Enjoy your Goddess-day

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your energy vibes! I can feel it bubbling all the way overhere ;o)
This afternoon we are heading to IKEA because in a couple of weeks we're moving house.
I'm really ecxited about that too, and making plans for the whole house and the children's rooms.
Good luck to you and enjoy the weekend!
Gon - Netherlands (I'm using my hubs ID..)

Suzanne said...

Go for it, Angie! We're all rooting for you! :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

Kimberly Lynne Rohn Wresh said...

Exciting!!! Writing is good for the soul...

Yin said...

Go for it! That's wonderful!

HelenClyde said...

tarted writing a novel myself in march, I´m now at around 140 pages, and it´s definetely an intresting experience to see how the characters begin to develop themselves, and how themes I never thought would play a big role in my bog start to crawl themselves into it. It´s a lot of fun, and I learned a lot about myself I thought I didn´t know before.

Tamma said...

Excited to see what you come up with. Thanks for all the free scraps.