Friday, January 05, 2007

Birthday card

I've been working on a birthday card for my son's upcoming Birthday party. He turns 2 in two weeks. All the family will be coming and he can invite 2 little friends. (In Germany we have a saying that its best if a child invites just as many friends as he/she is old - so 2 years is 2 little friends.)
I wanted the invite to match the colors of his room. This is what it looks like:Btw I hand painted the walls as we didn't have a lot of money to spare and I had a lot of time on my hands during my 6 weeks maternity leave. I even went as far as to paint the furniture to match and made little things like a frog shelf and the wood measuring chart you see in the pic.

Here's the front page of the invite:The template is by Ruby Q Hammer. You can get it from her blog (see my favorite scrapbook links on the left). The circle papers are recolors (to match my color theme) of Sarah Gibson's Circle Paper Pack. (see my favorite scrapbook links on the left). The Happy Birthday wordart as well as the bottom balloon ribbon (both recolored) is by Khristy Schmid. The font used is DSP Curly Q Solid. The stripy paper and the balloons are my own creation.
The inner side looks like this:
The layout is again by Ruby Q Hammer. The papers are my own design, font is same as above, and the overlay in the top corner is by Mary Ann Wise from 2 Peas.

No comments: