Sunday, November 01, 2009

Freebies on Monday night

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Halloween is still fairly new in Germany. There was only one other house in our street that celebrated. Needless to say trick-or-treating can’t compare to the States. However Damien and I didn’t give up and we found a few houses celebrating in the development area a couple streets away. Damien was happy with his treats and excited to go out in the dark in costume with a flashlight. In the afternoon a large disco was open for a Halloween dance for kids from 4 to 12. Damien isn’t a big dancer (I hope for him and his future chances with the ladies that that will change over the years), but he enjoyed getting in costume and he thought the wild lights & fake fog were cool. I had bought him a batman cape and mask, which he liked but refused to wear on Halloween (he is keeping it for Mardi Gras though). I asked him why he didn’t want to be my favorite super hero and his answer was, that batman wasn’t in The Nightmare Before Christmas and therefore was not an adequate costume for Halloween. How can you argue with a kid that knows his Tim Burton? *insert proud mommy smile* So he ended up going as a skeleton with a roman sword and I painted a Jack Skellington face on him.
Tomorrow we have a big day at work. We completely restructured our entire company and tomorrow is the day one event. I am baking chocolate cupcakes all evening and therefore have no time to hunt freebies. I will be back with a ton of freebies tomorrow evening. See ya
Cheers, Angie aka IkeaGoddess
damien halloween

22 comments:

Jessie said...

Thanks so much for all you do for us obsessive scrappers. Your little boy is adorable!

Kathleen S said...

Very nice face painting. Glad you were ablu to get out and enjoy some Halloween fun.

jenn33199 said...

How cute is he!!! Thanks again for everything- as well as the update. So interesting to hear about other countries and what their traditions are- and are not!

Heather Thomas - advocate for change said...

He looks adorable. Sounds like you had a great time!

Kimberly Lynne Rohn Wresh said...

Damien look darling. Truly a beautiful child!!!

Calico said...

Darling photo!!!

Yin said...

Great face painting! He must have enjoyed it!

Gina said...

he is so cute!!

elnorac said...

Damien looks so cute! Glad you had a fun Halloween! Hope all goes well at work tomorrow.

Jessica said...

I love to read the stories about what happens in your life - thanks for sharing them in additions to the freebie hunts! :)

Kerryt said...

super cute pic and boy!

kay said...

Adorable! I love the face paint!!
My two year old son loves the Nightmare Before Christmas- we get him any piece of clothing we can find with Jack on it. He loves him.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your ds is so CUTE!! great job on his face painting too. Goo d luck on your big day tomorrow :)
~Nancy

Kelly said...

So glad to hear he had a good time and hope everything goes smoothly at work tomorrow. Thanks, Angie!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo freaked out by how old your son looks!!! How old is he now. My son turned in June .. and I thought that your son was only about 6 months older? Maybe I have that mixed up. haha

Anyway.. he's such a cutie. Luv the Jack Skellington face. ;) My lil' guy did the ninja thing this year.. complete with a pirate sword. LMBO Kids.. meh.. gotta just go with the flow eh???

TY for sharing Angie.

Cheers...
CanadaDiAnna

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... meant to say he turned 4 in June! Keep forgetting some of my numbers don't work on my keypad. :P haha

Grinz... CD

Cris said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Look how big Damien is!!! I haven't seen a pic of him in a while, and he looks so cute (should I say scary???) in his skeleton costume...
Good luck tomorrow and have a great week!
Cris

Anonymous said...

Wow! He has gotten so big! He looks great!

Laurin, Spokane, WA, USA

Anonymous said...

Nightmare before Xmas is my FAVORITE movie ever! LOL! I love his costume. He makes a good Jack Skelington.

I've got a new template on my blog :)
http://lepingouindesigns.blogspot.com/2009/11/early-template-tuesday.html

StarWarsFans said...

Love his costume! We hosted an exchange student from Germany 2 years ago and she really enjoyed taking our son Trick-or-Treating. It was all new to her. I'm glad to hear it's becoming more popular there. Maybe by the time she has kids, it will be the norm.

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! Great costume and good job on the face painting Mom. I love yuor blog and really appreciate all your work and creativity.

Shanon said...

We moved to Germany last year and had a couple of trick or treaters then, much to our surprise. This year we had a few more...actually it looked like most of my small town was out trick or treating. If I had been home for the entire night I imagine I would have had many more little monsters.